Yama Glass 8 Cup Stovetop Coffee Siphon (Syphon)
Bulk Buys? You Bet.
Looking to stock up on this product? Request a quote for large wholesale orders.
This product usually ships same day.
Worry free shopping with our 365 day guarantee.
This Yama Glass Stovetop Coffee Syphon is a unique kind of brewer. Akin to something in a scientific laboratory, the vacuum style brewer is as much a conversation piece as it is a quality coffee brewer. The Yama Glass Siphon Brewer ships with one filter cloth, the filter assembly, a measuring spoon, the lid/stand, and the brewer itself. The 8 cup size specification refers to the Yama cup size, which measures to about 3-4 ounces per cup.
- Dimensions: 7"x7"x12"
- About 24oz
Directions for use:
- Use a slightly finer grind of coffee, somewhere around "auto drip" however you may experiment to taste.
- Drop the washable, reusable cloth covered filter into the infusion chamber with the chain hanging down into the glass syphon tube. Pull the chain down until you can hook it to the bottom of the siphon tube.
- Fill the bottom carafe to the 8 cup mark with hot water and place 8 measuring spoons of coffee mark in top chamber.
- Using the wire trivet between the coffee siphon and the burner place the coffee siphon on the burner and turn on to medium heat. DO NOT TURN THE BURNER ON HIGH
- As the water boils, it will be siphoned up to the top chamber where it will infuse with the ground coffee. A little water will always remain in the bottom water chamber.
- Let brew about 60 seconds, then remove the pot from the heat source.
- Once the coffee starts to cool the liquid is siphoned back down into the bottom carafe. Remove the top, placing it in its convertible lid/stand, and bring the pot to the table for serving.
- Gently rock the upper carafe back and forth until it can easily be removed and placed into it's stand.
- Serve and enjoy your fresh great tasting coffee.
Although Isopropyl (Rubbing) Alcohol which is available at all drug stores can be used in the alcohol burner, Denatured Alcohol which can be purchased most hardware stores will burn hotter and help heat the water quicker.
Check out Old Timey Dave's (Dave W) Flickr feed to follow our EspressoParts adventure brewing with the Yama 5 Cup Tabletop Vacpot.
For more information Mark Prince has provided an excellent FAQ on Coffee Vacpots on Coffeekid.com
|Size||Short (10 cm)|
I have used this syphon system now for about three years. I broke the top beaker because I was multitasking. So, I bought another full set-up and an additional top beaker. I love this coffee maker! Make sure you grind the coffee on "fine" or "Espresso" setting when you buy your favorite grind. Anything ground chunkier will give you weak coffee flavor and you won't be satisfied with the taste. Also, if you really want a little 'extra kick' to you morning brew, add a little crushed hot red pepper while it stews! Definitely a real eye opener. Try it. It really does taste great this way!
A stalwart of service, this device has been the primary method of preparation in my home for over 15 years. Always wow's the guest with its superior product and compelling appearance. Sadly, as their popularity and prestige increases so does the price tag. $14 for the lid....just the lid.