Bulk Buys? You Bet.
Looking to stock up on this product? Request a quote for large wholesale orders.
This product usually ships same day.
Worry free shopping with our 365 day guarantee.
The Espresso Parts, Espresso Machine Cleaner is a specially designed cleaner for espresso machines. Also known as Puro, we thought it was so good, we put our name on it as well.
Here is how it works. The Puro espresso machine cleaner removes the residual build up of coffee solids and oils from screens, valves, and tubes of brewing groups. This is important to quality coffee because a dirty machine will create dirty tasting coffee. Backflush your machine following directions on the label, and soak the portafilters (Not the Handles!) in a solution of very hot water and Puro.
Thoroughly rinse groups and portafilters. Always re-season your machine and portafilters by making and discarding one espresso on each group. Espresso machines should be cleaned daily.
For Use on Espresso Machines
Backflush (each group head):
- Insert blind filter in porta-filter and add up to 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) of Puro® Powder. Insert porta-filter into group head.
- Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Remove porta-filter. Activate brew cycle and rinse porta-filter in stream of water from group head. Stop cycle.
- Insert porta-filter into group head. Repeat step (2) without Puro® Powder 5 times.
- Make and discard a cup of espresso to ensure no residue remains.
- Soak filters and metal of porta-filter for 30 minutes in 1 teaspoon (6 g) of Puro® Powder per 32 oz. (1 L) of hot water.
- Rinse with clean hot water.
For Use on Coffee Brewers
- Empty coffee from equipment. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon (3g) of Puro® powder per 64 oz. (2L) of brewer capacity directly into brew basket.
- Run a full brew cycle into each vessel and hold for 30 minutes.
- Empty each vessel and rinse all parts with clean hot water.
TIP: Wet cloth with Puro® Powder solution and wipe down spray heads, then wipe clean. Caution: Solution may be very hot.