Details Product Specs
We bundled so you save! Our basic Espresso Parts Espresso Machine Cleaning Combo includes a 20 oz. container of our Espresso Machine Cleaning Detergent and a black Pallo Coffee Tool.
The Espresso Parts, Espresso Machine Cleaner is a specially designed cleaner for espresso machines. Also known as Puro, we thought it was so good, that we put our name on it as well.
Here is how it works. The Puro espresso machine cleaner removes the residual build-up of coffee solids and oils from screens, valves, and tubes of brewing groups. This is important to quality coffee because a dirty machine will create dirty-tasting coffee. Backflush your machine following the directions on the label, and soak the portafilters (Not the Handles!) in a solution of very hot water and Puro.
Thoroughly rinse groups and portafilters. Always re-season your machine and portafilters by making and discarding one espresso on each group. Espresso machines should be cleaned daily.
For Use on Espresso Machines
For Backflushing (each group head):
- Insert the blind filter in porta-filter and add up to 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) of Puro® Powder. Insert porta-filter into group head.
- Activate the brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Remove porta-filter. Activate brew cycle and rinse porta-filter in a stream of water from the group head. Stop cycle.
- Insert porta-filter into group head. Repeat step (2) without Puro® Powder 5 times.
- Make and discard a cup of espresso to ensure no residue remains.
- Soak filters and metal of porta-filter for 30 minutes in 1 teaspoon (6 g) of Puro® Powder per 32 oz. (1 L) of hot water.
- Rinse with clean hot water.
For Use on Coffee Brewers
- Empty coffee from the equipment. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon (3g) of Puro® powder per 64 oz. (2L) of brewer capacity directly into the brew basket.
- Run a full brew cycle into each vessel and hold for 30 minutes.
- Empty each vessel and rinse all parts with clean hot water.
TIP: Wet cloth with Puro Powder solution and wipe down spray heads, then wipe clean. Caution: The solution may be very hot.
For Use on Stainless Steel French Press
- Fill the press with water and dilute 1 tsp. of Puro Caff: let soak.
- Lightly scrub with a brush.
- Rinse with fresh water.
- Repeat for heavily soiled surfaces.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.