Bulk Buys? You Bet.
Looking to stock up on this product? Request a quote for large wholesale orders.
This product usually ships same day.
Worry free shopping with our 365 day guarantee.
Details Product Specs
This Yama Tabletop Syphon Coffee Maker is a unique kind of brewer. Akin to something in a scientific laboratory, this vacuum-style brewer is as much a conversation piece as it is a quality coffee brewer. Also known as a Vacpot Brewer, it uses an alcohol burner/warmer to heat the water in the brewing process and siphons the water through to make a strong yet smooth, cup of coffee. It has a vintage vacuum coffee maker styling appeal and makes the perfect gift for any coffee enthusiast.
PRO TIP: Although Isopropyl (Rubbing) Alcohol, which is available at most drug stores can be used in the alcohol burner, Denatured Alcohol can be purchased from most hardware stores and will burn hotter and help heat the water more quickly.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Use a slightly finer grind of coffee, somewhere around "auto drip" however you may experiment to taste.
- Drop the washable, reusable cloth-covered filter into the infusion chamber with the chain hanging down into the glass siphon tube. Pull the chain down until you can hook it to the bottom of the siphon tube.
- Fill the bottom carafe to the 5 cup mark with hot water and place 5 measuring spoons of coffee in the top chamber.
- Fill the burner with alcohol, light the burner, and place directly beneath the bottom water carafe. The water takes about 4 minutes or longer to heat. Using hot water will speed up the process.
- Once the water reaches boiling temperatures the majority of the water is siphoned through the glass tube, past the filter, and into the top chamber holding the ground coffee. Keeping the burner lit and underwater carafe allow about 2 minutes to brew.
- After your 2 minutes is up remove and cap the alcohol burner (heat source).
- Once the coffee starts to cool the liquid is siphoned back down into the bottom carafe. Remove the top, placing it in its convertible lid/stand, and bring the pot to the table for serving.
- Gently rock the upper carafe back and forth until it can easily be removed and placed into its stand.
- Serve and enjoy your fresh great-tasting coffee.
- The most important step: USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN HEATING WITH AN OPEN FLAME.