Kit for connecting the pressure regulator to 3/8" (John Guest) press-in tubing. You will need this if your water pressure is over 30 PSI for Barista Basics Commercial Rinsers,
FLOJET'S 1750 series Water Pressure Regulator reduces inlet water pressure to safe levels for pumps and appliances. Equipment is additionally protected from water-borne debris and particulates by the regulator's removable, cleanable inlet screen. However, these are suggested only for temporary use on espresso machines; permanent installation will require more robust pumping equipment. Models are available in pre-set, non-adjustable maximum (nominal) outlet pressures. Actual outlet pressure varies with inlet flow rate and pressure, reference the performance section below for details.
How to Mount/Plumb
- Confirm the presence of the screen in the regulator inlet port.
- Wrap fitting threads with 1-2 winds of PTFE pipe thread tape. When installing fittings, hand-tighten adding only 1/4" turn to avoid damaging threads. Consider using elbow fittings to reduce stress on the regulator and tubing when installing in confined areas.
- WARNING: Plastic fittings, 1/2" NPT, ONLY, may be used. Use of metal fittings may damage regulator housing, voiding the warranty.
- Barbed fittings are 1/4"
- Position the regulator before the equipment/appliance inlet side. When possible, mount the regulator where visible and accessible for cleaning. Arrow on the regulator indicates the direction of flow. The regulator may be mounted vertically or horizontally.
- Plumb regulator to braided, high-pressure, flexible tubing on both ends and secure with Oetiker stainless-steel clamp. Do not plumb the regulator directly into rigid tubing, or any pipe.
- Secure the regulator and tubing with cable ties to reduce the possibility of stress to the regulator and tubing.
How to CleanThe inlet port screen should be cleaned if needed, several times per year or more depending on water quality. Reference General Safety Information Cleaning Instructions before attempting.
General Safety Information
Protect yourself and others by observing all safety information for equipment and appliances. Shut off all power and drain pressure from the system prior to any installation.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.