Details Product Specs
Known as a pristine coffeemaker, Chemex employs all of the chemically correct methods for brewing. Its hourglass-shaped flask is made entirely of glass, a chemically inert material that does not absorb odors or chemical residues and has no moving parts so it should last forever unless it is dropped or in some other way demolished.
Don't forget to grab your Chemex Filters for the best brewing experience.
- Made of non-porous Borosilicate glass which will not absorb odors or chemical residues: heat resistant and shatter-resistant.
- CHEMEX pour over allows coffee to be covered and refrigerated for reheating without losing flavor.
- Simple, easy to use with a timeless, elegant design.
- Includes a polished wood collar with original leather rawhide.
- Use with Chemex Bonded Filters; FP-1, FC-100, FS-100, FSU-100.
About the Brand
Chemex Coffeemakers are a classic design spawning from 1941 and have been around almost as long as the first pour over that was patented in 1908 by Amalie Auguste Melitta Bentz. Chemex was created by a chemist whose passion was to create a coffee brewer combination that was simple and made of a non-porous glass that was both durable and elegant for users. So genius was the original design, that nothing has changed about the Chemex coffee maker in over 70 years! The Chemex coffeemaker, together with the filter, makes perfect coffee; flavourful and without bitterness or sediment every time. Coffee only comes in contact with the scientifically designed filter and non-porous glass. With the Chemex method, you can make coffee as strong as you like without bitterness.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.