Details Product Specs
If you’re looking for a smooth and rounded cup of espresso that comes from a professional home espresso machine then you’ve found it. The Ascaso Steel DUO is known as an impressive machine with volumetric control, a PID, a pressure gauge, and 2 boilers so you can pull shot after shot for the family at morning brunch. It’s compact with a vintage industrial look that looks beautiful in any kitchen, home office, or hospitality setting.
Steel DUO Features
The Steel DUO has one thermoblock dedicated to coffee and one dedicated for steam. This means dual performance so you can steam and pull shots making this the perfect setup for the home barista. The newest version of the Steel DUO PID includes a bevy of professional upgrades including, a dedicated boiler for steam, improved volumetric controls, professional 58mm portafilter size, adjustable over-pressure valve, analog pressure gauge, improved no-burn steam wand, and thermoblock insulation. Advanced features are independent temperature control for the brew and steam thermoblock, pre-infusion, power-saving modes, and single or double-shot programming.
Electronic Group Temperature Control
- Digitally displayed PID temperature control adjustable in one-degree increments for precision.
- Adjustable OPV (over pressure valve): to regulate the brewing pressure and prevent over-extraction, every espresso shot is velvety and delicious!
- Walnut manual steam knob so you can get more steam power and better control on adjusting your frothing needs.
- Advanced no-burn steam wand for safety: 1 steam tip option.
- Volumetric programmable settings for preinfusion, single shot, double shot, and auto-standby, The enhanced volumetric controls make it easier to produce and repeat a consistently good quality espresso.
- This machine features energy efficiency. It has a 50% average savings compared to a traditional machine with an annual energy cost of $90 a year*. See the full test results here.
Quality Build with Professional Materials
- 12-Month Warranty, we guarantee all products against defects caused by faulty workmanship and materials for twelve months of domestic use from the date of purchase. (purchased from 2020).
- 5-Year Warranty, we guarantee all thermoblock boilers and groups against defects caused by faulty workmanship and materials for 5-years of domestic use from the purchase date. (purchased from 2020).
- The Steel DUO PID body is manufactured in powder-coated carbon steel and polished stainless steel.
- 58mm professional portafilter features a real walnut wood handle with an ergonomic and aesthetically pleasing design to complement any home kitchen.
Powerful Steam and Clean Hot Water
- The new aluminum & stainless steel thermoblock group guarantees continuous, unlimited steam with constant pressure. The new thermoblock provides enhanced stability and minimal energy consumption.
- Limescale will not build up in the stainless steel thermoblock circuits leading to a longer-lasting machine.
- Freshwater is drawn for every espresso shot to ensure the best quality every time.
- 100% food-safe. AISI 316 stainless steel water circuit = no metal migration in water.
Professional Baskets and Compliments
- Each Steel DUO PID includes 5 professional baskets (2 traditional, 2 pressurized, and 1 monodose ESE). 1 stainless steel tamper. 1 blank basket for backflushing. 1 walnut wood portafilter handle.
About The Brand
We think of Ascaso as that high-quality brand that makes retro-inspired espresso machines in fun colors to compliment your kitchen and glorious professional machines for bars and cafés. Based out of Barcelona Spain, Ascaso was born from a man who spent the first 10 years of his career manufacturing spare parts for espresso machines so it was only natural that he borrowed this deep knowledge of the working components to make espresso machines. All Ascaso equipment is handcrafted with special attention to detail using high-quality materials. The final product is thoroughly tested for quality assurance passing a 25 point inspection: that's passion for making good espresso. Your morning routine just got more reliable and a bit more cooler.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.