Espresso Machine Backflushing Instructions
Espresso Machine Backflushing
1. Insert blind filter in portafilter and add up to 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) of Espresso Parts Cleaning Powder. Insert porta-filter into group head.
2. Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
3. Remove portafilter. Activate brew cycle and rinse porta-filter in stream of water from group head. Stop cycle.
4. Insert portafilter into group head. Repeat step (2) without detergent 5 more times.
5. Make and discard a cup of espresso to ensure no residue remains.
The Espresso Parts, Espresso Machine Cleaner is a specially designed cleaner for espresso machines. Also known as Puro, we thought it was so good, we put our name on it as well.
Here is how it works.The Puro espresso machine cleaner removes the residual build up of coffee solids and oils from screens, valves, and tubes of brewing groups. This is important to quality coffee, because a dirty machine will create dirty tasting coffee. Backflush your machine following directions on label, and soak the portafilters (Not the Handles!) in a solution of very hot water and Puro Caff.
Thoroughly rinse groups and portafilters. Always re-season your machine and portafilters by making and discarding one espresso on each group. Espresso machines should be cleaned daily.
- Specifically designed for espresso machines
- Backflush program formulated with the Barista in mind
- Essential component in daily machine maintenance
- Available in Bulk NSF and OMRI™ Certified
Espresso Parts Espresso machine Cleaner and Puro are the official cleaning products of the United States Barista Competition and the World Barista Competition.