Cafelat Silicone Group Gasket - 8.5 mm E61
73 mm x 57 mm x 8.5 mm (Blue) suitable for all variations of the E61 group, this is the thicker of the two for worn groups and/or portafilters where the portafilter locks into place too far to the right. The Cafelat and "E61 8.5" side faces up when installing.
Some product history and notes:
- The reason silicone was chosen as the material is purely from a cleanliness point of view, the gaskets are neutral and do not have any smell or taste
- They do not bake hard so removal is easier
- No need to crank the portafilter tight in the machine as you would a hard EPDM rubber (the industry standard) gasket
- Always use a silicone lubricant such as food safe white grease. Silicone does not like petroleum based grease
- When installing do not use a sharp screwdriver to push them in, the silicone will break. Use the portafilter with the basket removed to install
- Silicone gaskets have have been found to hold up longer than EPDM rubber, but this is not promoted, promotional focus is mainly towards the cleanliness benefit.
- All batches are tested, the manufacture use FDA approved silicone and have them independently tested in Hong Kong