Cafelat Silicone Group Gasket - 8.4 mm Rancilio
78 mm x 58 mm x 8.4 mm thick, fits all models of Rancilio.
However, this is NOT recommended the Silvia. We have been receiving reports that the material is too soft, and excessive force is required to seat the portafilter.
The Cafelat and "RC" side faces up when installing.
Some product history and notes:
- The reason silicone was chosen as the material is purely from a cleanliness point of view, the gaskets are neutral and do not have any smell or taste
- They do not bake hard so removal is easier
- No need to crank the portafilter tight in the machine as you would a hard EPDM rubber (the industry standard) gasket
- Always use a silicone lubricant such as food safe white grease. Silicone does not like petroleum based grease
- When installing do not use a sharp screwdriver to push them in, the silicone will break. Use the portafilter with the basket removed to install
- All batches are tested, the manufacture use FDA approved silicone and have them independently tested in Hong Kong