Why does the AeroPress Coffee Maker Brew a Richer, Smoother Cup of Coffee or Espresso? The AEROPRESS is an entirely new way to make coffee.
Download the Aeropress Coffee & Espresso Maker Instruction sheet in PDF format here.
- Water and grounds are mixed together for ten seconds.
- Then gentle air pressure pushes the mix through a micro-filter in 20 seconds.
- The total brewing time of only 30 seconds results in exceptionally smooth flavor.
- Tasters ranging from professional cuppers and author Kenneth Davids, to coffee aficionados all praise the smooth, rich flavor.
There are several reasons why AeroPress coffee tastes so good:
- Total immersion of the grounds in the water results in rapid yet robust extraction of flavor.
- Total immersion permits extraction at a moderate temperature, resulting in a smoother brew.
- Air pressure shortens filtering time to 20 seconds. This avoids the bitterness of long processes such as drip brewing.
- The air pressure also gently squeezes the last goodness from the grounds, further enriching the flavor.
Because of the lower temperature and short brew time, the acid level of the brew is much lower than conventional brewers. Laboratory pH testing measured AEROPRESS brew's acid as less than one fifth that of regular drip brew. The low acid is confirmed by coffee lovers who report that AEROPRESS brew is friendlier to their stomachs.
The instructions on the box reads...
For the Ultimate Coffee Experience Simply:
- Insert Filter
- Add Fresh Ground Coffee (we used the Baratza Virtuoso Burr Grinder)
- Add Hot Water
- Stir for 10 Seconds
- Press for 20 seconds
Using the ideal water temperature and gentle air pressure brewing yields rich flavor with lower acidity and without bitterness.
Total immersion brewing results in uniform extraction of the ultimate in full coffee flavor. Other coffee makers drip hot water on a bed of grounds, over extracting at the center and under extracting at the edge.
Micro filtered for grit free coffee unlike other press-type coffee makers.
One minute from start to enjoy. The actual press time takes only 20 seconds.